Want to know how to build a straw bale house? Our straw bale building workshop gives you all the information you need to build your own straw bale home- from foundations to roof.
This online building course covers all of the structural components involved in building your strawbale home. Furthermore, the course is made up of actual video footage with concise explanation of each and every step.
Whilst many tradespeople have found the course extremely valuable, it is targeted at people with no construction experience- empowering ANYONE to build their own straw bale home.
If you aren’t happy (and we mean 100% satisfied!!) within 30 days of working on the course, you can resign from the course and we will give your money back! If you aren’t convinced that we’re worth it by then, we don’t deserve your money.
These are the topics covered in our instructive workshop:
- Dealing with subcontractors
- Energy efficiency
- Construction insurance
- Bearers for timber floors
- Floor joists and sheeting
- Timber frame wall preparation
- Assembly of timber framed walls
- Construction and installation of bottom boxing and post supports
- Load bearing wall construction
- Structural infill straw bale construction
- Large openings in straw bale walls
- Installation of free standing posts
- Roof framing
- Roof bracing
- Fascia and roof purlins
- Straw bale installation
- Cutting straw bales, filling the gap above windows and other straw bale tips
- Connecting the straw bale wall to the frame
- Infilling the gap between the straw bales and the ceiling
- Kram walls
- Electrical installation
- Window installation
- Building in bush fire zones
- Wet areas
This contains much, much more information than I could fit into a weekend (or even four-day) workshop.
While not compulsory to attend, the practical workshops do tie in with the online straw bale building workshop, and give you some hands-on experience and a valuable opportunity to ask questions face to face. Once signed up for the online course, we will email you when the date for the next workshop is set.
We will teach you everything we know about how to build a straw bale house!