Our online straw bale workshop gives you all the information you need to build your own straw bale home- from foundations to roof.
This online theory workshop is an eight-week course, covering all of the structural components involved in building your straw bale home. Furthermore, the course is made up of actual video footage with concise explanation of each and every step.
Whilst many tradespeople have found the course extremely valuable, it is targeted at people with no building experience- empowering ANYONE to build their own straw bale house.
These are the topics covered in our instructive workshop:
- Dealing with subcontractors
- Energy efficiency, construction insurance
- Site preparation for a concrete slab
- Timber frame wall preparation
- Assembly of timber framed walls
- Construction and installation of bottom boxing and post supports
- Load bearing straw bale construction
- Structural infill straw bale construction
- Large openings in straw bale construction
- Straw bale installation
- Cutting straw bales, filling the gap above windows and other straw bale tips
- Connection of the straw bale wall to the frame and infilling the gap between straw bales and the ceiling
- Kram walls
- Plumbing and electrical installation
- Window installation
- Building in bush fire zones
- Wet areas
This contains much, much more information than I could fit into a weekend (or even four-day) workshop.
While not compulsory to attend, the practical workshops do tie in with the online course, and give you some hands-on experience and a valuable opportunity to ask questions face to face. Once signed up for the online couurse, we will email you when the date for the next workshop is set.